A panoramic picture from the dock with Renfrew to the left and Lobinitz to the right.
The East Barns of Clyde Timber Dock lies on the north bank of the River Clyde, just beyond the south end of Greenlaw Road, Yoker.
Once part of a shipbuilder's yard on the Clyde, the dock would have been used to store seasoned timber ready for use in the yard.
The age and history of the dock's origins are unknown, and there is no listing in RCAHMS. However, its outline does appear on an 1848 map of the area, adjacent to a small developed area identified as the East Barns of Clyde, identified on a later map of Dumbarton dating from 1864/5.
Thanks to Secret Scotland for information.